Sunday 29 April 2012

More Elusive than the Grail

There are few things as important to a guy as finding the perfect wallet. Finding the perfect wallet is like finding the Holy Grail, the Ark of the Covenant and the Lost Mines of Solomon all in one day.

Needles to say, finding the right wallet is not such an easy task. So when my wallet bit the dust a few weeks back I was actually a little bit relieved. My last wallet was actually a transitional wallet that I bought to replace the one before that....which was my perfect wallet. The previous, previous wallet was one that I bought in Florence in 2001 and it was perfect. It had the right number of pockets to house all the plastic that lives in my wallet, kind of like hermit crabs. But it was still thin, even when the wallet was full of cards and receipts...cash doesn't like to stick around for too long for some reason...its sort of like a free spirit.


Anyway, I was literally scouring the internet for my new perfect wallet, when I started to think outside of the box...and then I stumbled on to this: www.capsulcase.com


This cool little case can hold a deck of 12 credit cards or 50 business cards and at $6.00 a case at the MEC, I can get a couple of these cases for the different categories of cards that I have at any given time.


On a slightly different note, things have been pretty crazy as of late. If you have been following Liz's blog, www.tipsimom.blogspot.com you would have heard about our latest leap of faith. We have listed our 1367 sqft house in order to move to a slightly bigger space.



..... Thanks to the magic of the internet, you are reading this after a few seconds of reading the last sentence....however as I was typing that last sentence, about a week ago, we got a call from our real estate agent! So I am pleased and grateful to God to be able to say that we received and accepted and offer for our house! The sold sign just went up the other day. Gotta hand it to those novena's to St. Joseph!


Thats it for now...I am posting this the day after a confirmation retreat I just helped to direct....so I am in that post retreat haze that anyone who has been part of retreat ministry will all recognize. Slightly euphoric, slightly on auto pilot.


TiPSI Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment