Wednesday 28 November 2012

Hands and Feet

One thing you can count on when you work in a trade is that sooner or later, you are going to cut your hands. That just happened to me today.

I wasn't wearing gloves when I should have been and as a result I've got a couple of nice razor cuts on the palm of my hand.

There is something a little unnerving about getting cuts in the palms. After all they are one of the more sensitive areas of the body. Actually it's amazing how significant the palms of your hands are. They are used to greet and dismiss, they can communicate a myriad of emotions, they are sensitive to even the slightest touch. In fact, palms have hundreds of pressure points which can be used to affect every area of the body, from headaches to nausea!

Getting cut in the palm of the hand is not fun. In fact it is downright inconvenient. Do you realize how many things you do require the use of the palms? Opening jars, pushing brooms, polishing, catching stuff...pretty much everything!

Anyway, before it seems like I am whining, getting cut in my hand has caused me to reflect deeply about the one who willingly took the nails in His hands....

out of love for me.

TiPSI Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment