Friday 20 July 2012

Attitude of Gratitude


 "Have faith in God. Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours.
Mk 11: 22-24

Lately I seem to have developed a bad habit of saying I am going to start something and then not post anything for weeks on end...for which I apologize. The truth is, life has been pretty busy...busier than normal, which is not really an excuse, just more of a statement. After all, what kind of person would I be if I did not practice placing my priorities where I preached?

Anyway, I have also realized that it is going to take way longer than five posts to cover all of the scriptural financial principles that I have been following. Not only that, but due to my sanguine temperament I was starting to dread the monotony of writing about a singular topic for so long...So instead I will do these posts over time, but not sequentially.

Starting with First things First, the most important principle that I should write about is the principle of Gratitude.

It has been said many times that there is a difference between having a childlike and childish faith. However it is funny how many times people regard the two as identical.

The difference is Gratitude. There is a certain magic in the eyes of a child when they receive something that they asked for.

The key to expressing gratitude when it comes to financial matters, is gratefully acknowledging that every penny that comes into our possession, is not actually ours, but God's. Acknowledging this truth leads us closer to the true understanding of Financial Stewardship. Without this knowledge we begin to think that our money is ours to control and to spend. Doing that blocks the conduits of grace which exist to provide us with abundance.

More on stewardship next post.

TiPSI Dad  

No comments:

Post a Comment